Safety tips Open all
The Internet is great invention. You can find a lot of information about your private interests and for school.
Unfortunately, we all know that there are Internet users that have bad intentions and pretend to be your cyber friends. But if you follow a few tips and pass them on to your friends, you can easily stay out of danger and have lots of fun in and with the Internet.But don?t forget your other leisure-time activities outdoors.
- Tip 1: The web must also adhere to rules!
Here the same rules apply as in "real" life.
- Tip 2: Who you are is nobody's business!
Do not publish prejudicial pictures or texts. Never publish any personal data such as name, address, phone number etc. on the Internet.
- Tip 3: Not everything is true - be suspicious!
You never know if someone is really the person they pretend they are.
- Tip 4: Rights regarding your own photographs!
Make sure that the people in the image agree with its publication.
- Tip 5: Nothing is free!
On the Internet you rarely get something actually for free.
- Tip 6: If something looks strange to you, just report it!
If you get a bad feeling about what you see on the Internet, talk to a responsible adult about it.
- Tip 7: Never meet online friends alone!
Take an adult person with you when you meet someone for the first time. They should at least be within sight.
- Tip 8: Adhere to age restrictions!
There are many amazing websites that have especially been designed for you.
- Tip 9: Protect your computer!
Use antivirus software and update it regularly.
- Tip 10: Regarding money - ask before!
Don't place online orders without your parents' authorisation. Don't give credit card numbers to anyone and/or ask the owner of the card first.
Please find more tips for the safe use of the Internet at www.saferinternet.at/staysafe.
The Internet is not only used in private and business life, but can also be used by young and old to gain further education and information. Therefore it has also become an indispensable medium for children and young people. Computers govern our professional and private lives because they make many thing easier - from data processing to high-speed communication and the collection of information throughout the world.
Alongside these facilities, problem areas in the Internet should not be ignored and must be examined. Enclosed 10 tips for you:
- Explore the Internet together with your child.
- Make rules together with your child regarding the use of the Internet.
- Tell your child to be careful about providing personal data.
- Talk to your child about the risks of meeting online acquaintances in real life.
- Discuss the reliability of information on the Internet together with your child.
- Report illegal Internet content to www.stopline.at.
- Encourage your children to comply with the forms of netiquette.
- Keep yourself informed about the Internet use of your child.
- Don't be too critical with regard to your child's exploration of the Internet.
- Don't forget: the chances and benefits of the Internet significantly outweigh its risks!
Please find further tips for a safe use of the Internet at www.saferinternet.at.